Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm still Here!

Boy, I thought this whole blog thing would be a snap for me to post to. Alas, I was incorrect.
I guess I just don't have enough time to do this sort of thing, but I'll keep trying.....especially if someone is actually looking at this.

Catch up time:



- I'm pleased to say that my artwork is in your local grocery store. Check out Cooks Illustrated Magazine to see my paintings on the covers. It's neat to go and get a quart of milk and see something I did in the checkout line. My mother is especially thrilled. Here's radishes for March-April:

-Wow an actual blog enrty......I must go and rest now. Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Dianne Mize said...

I'm a Cook's Illustrated nut which is how I found your website and your blog. Love your radishes!!!

Anonymous said...

We are also Cook's Illustrated fans and I also paint, and your work has been an inspiration! I'm always looking forward to the next issue to see what beautiul painting it's going to feature!

Ruth said...

We subscribe to Cook's Illustrated. Your paintings on cover are brilliantly executed. What quality they give to the magazine. Because of their beauty, I had to check out your website & blog to find more about you.
Will check back on your blog & website frequently. I am a watercolorist. If you have time, you can take a peek at them at, ruthswatercolors.shutterfly.com .(maybe leave a comment?) Not quite as sensitive as yours.
I love Lisa's illustrations also. You two are an asset to this world. Ruth Bodycott

Unknown said...

Another Cook's Illustrated subscriber and amatuer painter who came to look at your site after admiring your work on the covers. Wonderful~you really can project the 'essence' of your subject. (Boo-hiss, bad pun.)

Kathie Schwartz said...

Rob, I just discovered your art as a new subscriber to Cooks Illustrated.
I love your work. Especially the fruit and veggies. I am just beginning drawing/water color and always hold up the cover of CI and say, "I would give anything to paint like this man". Thank you for your artistry that brings me so much pleasure. The way you work with light. Rembrant-like. I will be buying some of your works soon. My son is doing a grad work on the civil war. I'm rambling - I just wanted to say I love what you do. Kathie Schwartz

JennJ said...

Your art is simply breathtaking! I have long been a fan of your romance cover art. You truly are blessed with amazing talent. :)

Catherine said...

How about some info on your work and your wife's on the new American Girl Doll series?